Congratulations! You’re getting married. Are you an adventurous couple? Do you prefer active vacations rather than simply lounging on a beach? You’re in luck. There are many amazing honeymoon destinations for adventurous couples.
- Dominican Republic: This island has become a beautiful, affordable destination. You can get some fabulous deals because this is a larger island that doesn’t focus strictly on tourism. There are many all-inclusive hotels, enough to satisfy all types of couples. For the ultimate experience, try the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana.
- Jamaica: A top destination for honeymoons. An all-inclusive resort paradise, Jamaica offers clear blue seas, tropical vegetation, breathtaking beaches and gorgeous waterfalls. Great shopping, cuisine, shopping and art. Top Jamaican resort pick: Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay.
This country is a top stop spot for romance. Many couples go to Mexico for its beautiful beaches, but adventurous couples know that Mexico offers a variety of exciting things to do and see.
- Puerto Vallarta: This exotic destination offers many fabulous attractions. Naturally, the beaches are divine. Tons of fun sports. There are many festivals, as well. Enjoy Puerto Vallarta’s tempting nightlife, fine dining and score great shopping deals. Stay at the Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa.
- Cancun: Mexico’s own Caribbean island. There is a natural aquarium there – a warm lagoon brimming with tropical fish. This water enthusiast’s paradise offers sailing, windsurfing, jet skiing, snorkeling, scuba diving and more. Try the LeBlanc Spa Resort, an all-inclusive, adults-only paradise.
- Paris: Pack your bags and take off on a Parisian 7-day Monograms Independent Vacation Package. Revel in post-wedding bliss in the City of Light. Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, the opera, the Seine…the list goes on and on… Paris likely has more landmarks than any city on Earth. This city has it all: adventure, romance and sightseeing galore.
- Rome: One of Italy’s top travel destinations, Rome is loaded with attractions. This vibrant city oozes all things antiquated, yet offers many modern luxuries. Visit ancient monuments, elaborate fountains, revered architecture and famous museums. The Italian capital boasts cuisine that is out of this world, as well as bustling nightlife. The historic center is fairly small, making it easy to hit all your desired tourist spots. For a perfect romantic Roman honeymoon, choose The St. Regis Grand Hotel.
- Oahu: What more can be said about how gorgeous Hawaii is? You know about the beaches, but do you about the Polynesian Cultural Center? This 42-acre spread showcases seven island villages that display the indigenous cultures of Tahiti, New Zealand, Polynesian Hawaii, Samoa, Tonga and Fiji and the Marquesas. Might sound dull, but it’s not. Rather, it’s a fun and fascinating thing for adventurous couples to do on an Oahu honeymoon. Stay at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa. Indulge in their fabulous couples massage.
- The Big Island – Hawaii: For big island decadence, spend your honeymoon at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. Take a sunset sail for two, stroll the lush gardens, embark on the many adventures available to guests. This classic yet modern resort lavishes you with leis upon arrival. Surprisingly, this is not featured at all Hawaiian resorts. Make sure you stay somewhere that embraces this Hawaiian tradition. You’ll be glad you did.
Why not spend your first trip as husband and wife on a fabulous honeymoon cruise? Modern cruise ships offer everything that resorts on land have to offer… and frequently more! Did you know that honeymoon cruises have higher couple satisfaction rates than any other honeymoon trips? Cruises offer it all: romance, cuisine, nightlife, top attractions, sports, pampering, luxury accommodations and more. Consider these cruises for your honeymoon.
- Royal Caribbean International offers a 5-night cruise aboard Royal Caribbean’s Grandeur of the Seas, featuring Ft. Lauderdale, Key West, and Puerto Costa Maya.
- Take a 7-day cruise aboard Holland America Line’s ms Noordam. See Civitavecchia, Cannes, Barcelona, Palma De Mallorca, La Goulette, Trapani.
- For a break from the norm, experience a 12-night Alaskan cruise aboard Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Mercury. See Vancouver, Sitka, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, San Francisco and San Diego. Only a cruise allows you to take in the sights at so many different cities.
- A 5-night Mediterranean cruise aboard Royal Caribbean’s Adventure of the Seas takes you took such amazing locales as Malaga, Ajaccio, Provence. Sheer romance!
Whether you take to the high seas, or opt for a landlubber’s adventure, one thing remains certain for both: there are fabulous honeymoon locations around the globe. Which will you choose for your special journey together?