The idea of a vacation is often accompanied by thoughts of a pool, the beach, and the spa. When this vacation has to be in a resort, it would be disappointing to be in the right resort for the wrong reasons. Yes, people have various reasons for going to resorts and those resorts are built, one for each reason. That is why you need to know the different types of resorts and features peculiar to each one. This will help you know if you should make an all-inclusive arrangement and get in touch with reliable independent travel agents that can see to it. Take a look at these 5 types of resorts and their features.
- All-inclusive Resorts
These are vacation resorts that offer prepaid packages to cover accommodation, food, drinks, indoor and outdoor entertainment. Some of the features in an all-inclusive resort are:
- Most, if not all, of what you need are available within the resort. Therefore, you’ll not need to leave the resort probably because you want to play golf.
- They provide courses according to a weekly calendar; you can learn scuba diving or surfing.
- Most all-inclusive resorts have nurseries for children.
- You have to pay for the vacation before you go for it. Thus, you only spend within the confines of your budget.
- Historic Resorts
These resorts offer you an experience of historic sites. They are often located near areas with archaeological value and celebrate the history of the area through day trips to the site or a theme. Features peculiar to historic resorts include:
- You can tour different archaeological sites.
- The experience is a combination of education and entertainment, thus kids may not find it so interesting.
- Adults-only Resorts
A resort of this type does not allow children. The minimum age varies from one resort to another; while some take from 16 and above, others take 18 to be the minimum age. This is not the same as a couples-only resort and is also very different from an optional clothing resort. The features include:
- Children are not allowed in the resort.
- While some are quiet and secluded, some other adults-only resorts have a more energetic atmosphere.
- There are spas within the resorts.
- There might also be live entertainment and parties within the resort.
- Adults-only resorts create opportunities to meet new people.
- Family-Focused Resorts
A resort of this category makes special arrangements for families, offering a wide range of activities that can keep the kids excited. The features include:
- Menus for kids consider picky eaters.
- Nature tours are peculiar to such resorts.
- They also offer craft opportunities.
- There are babysitting services on site.
- The luxury in such resorts is limited and teens may find it boring.
- Ecotourism and Ecological resorts
For People who are interested in conservation and an eco-friendly environment, this type of resort enables you to have fun while protecting the environment. It is more of a natural resort surrounded by green sights. Such resorts have unique features such as:
- There is no air conditioning.
- Activities that don’t conserve energy are not allowed.
- Local cuisine is readily available.
- Visitors are often expected to use recyclable items.
What you choose is determined by what you want. You can also consider resorts such as dude ranches, casino and amusement park resorts, destination resorts, and recreation resorts. Don’t forget to pick according to your budget and start planning in time.
What Can Day Trippers Do for Fun While on the Atlantis Resort in Paradise Island, The Bahamas?
What Is Voluntourism? 5 Reasons Why It’s WAY COOLER Than Just Sitting on a Beach All Day
Enjoying Your Stay In Jamaica: Jamaica Travel Guide